Saturday, November 19, 2005

Product Testing -- PSPad (1)

Ok I am starting a new type of blogging for myself I am going to be doing some reviews just to do some reviews of programs I experiment with. Every Post title with Product Testing -- [name of program] will be these posts.

Ok here is the first post.

I am currently using a program called PSPad. This is a freeware text file editor but is way more than that. It actually can edit all types of files were talking txt, html, php, css, c++, COBOL, MS-DOS, JavaScript, etc. Here is a screen shot of all the file types.









PSPad allows allows you to set up projects inorder to easily access files for doing some kind of project or just working on a mass of files that are similar. These projects can be set up and can mimic the file structure of your folder structure of the project your working on. Here is a screen shot of the Projects.

Along with projects and accessing almost any type of file PSpad also has many other functions such as syntax highlighting, tabbed editing, as well as other features.

I have explored the program pretty well up to this point but there is still alot I don't know about over the next few weeks however I will be going into depth of it.

There are a few things I don't like so far about PSPad though. It does not automatically update whenever you remove a file or folder in the main structure of the folders it does not remove the file or folder in the project view. which is not good.

I will also over the next few weeks be going over other programs that I find interesting.

No comments: