Saturday, July 15, 2006

Update

I have been trying to update my blog on more of a regular basis but alas it is hard to do when you are always doing something.  So today on a nice Saturday afternoon and after I have done my duty of cleaning out my truck, weed eating the grass, and swam for a small portion of the day its time to sit back and enjoy the blogging.

As I sit here and enjoy a Rolling Rock, it occurs to me that most of my IT friends at this point are over in KC or thinking about KC.  Either that or they have jobs in pretty nice places.  I think about this because I am still an Intern with one more year of school left and everyone i have talked to about Network Administration or System Administration or Security positions have said it takes a while.  Well, I want to be a Network Administrator or Security Administrator whenever I get done with school.  Here is my brief roadmap to make this happen. 
  1. Take Security+ test (since this is a Comptia test it will stay with me and it is basically just knowledge from a book not real world experience necessary.
  2. Take CCNA while in college and use the lab as my study arena.
  3. Begin taking microsoft certifications because most places like to have MCSA and MCSE in the house
  4. After taking Sec+, work on other certifications like Lin+, Net+ just to have them.
So there is what I need to achieve in order to get to what i want to be and oh yeah i have to be able to give detailed answers on every technology they ask about without blinking an eye.  I hope to be a Badass at networks and security.  Until then I am a Badass in training. 

No comments: