Friday, February 17, 2006

VIM on windows = Happiness

I have officially crossed over to be a pure dork now (not that I wasn't before).  I have been messing around quite a bit with Linux in lab for my TSM 352 class.  I have been using VIM extensibly in this class so tonight i found a version for windows a standalone exe that when placed in the sys32 folder will make a command line editor just like in Linux.  Personally I love it, I know most of my friends will call me stupid but I find myself getting better and better on the Windows and linux command line.  You might say why??? I say why not if you can fly around in the command line of windows and linux why would you want to really move to the GUI.  To tell the truth I am using the Command line to get the skillz for the Linux machines the more you practice the better you are.  With VIM by my side its going to be pretty cool working in windows from command line.

--
Heath Brown

No comments: